- AFAC is open to receive project applications from all Arab individuals working in the cultural and artistic. Project applications are accepted irrespective of age, years of experience, country of residence, ethnicity, gender or religion.
- For cinema applications, a non-Arab producer can apply for a grant provided that the film director is Arab. It is preferred that film projects have producers attached to them. Either the producer or the director may apply for the grant.
- AFAC also accepts proposals from local, regional and international institutions whose projects are related to Arab culture. These include artistic, cultural, social and educational institutions, centers and organizations, governmental and non-governmental, that are engaging with contemporary Arab arts and culture.
- An applicant is free to submit grant requests to more than one category – for example, performing arts and visual arts – but only one grant (if any) will be awarded. Requests for two projects within the same category will not be accepted.
- Former grantees may not apply for a new grant unless the previous grant is expired before the application submission deadline for the current year.
- Grantees who have received two consecutive grants can only apply for a third grant two years after the completion of their last awarded projects.
How to Apply
- Applications are only accepted through our online application which is available on Arab Fund’s website.
- Supporting material required are-
- Supporting files/samples of previous work smaller than 10 MB should be uploaded directly to the application.
- Supporting files/samples of previous work between 10 MB and 100MB can be included as links to files on sharing websites (such as Dropbox, Vimeo, YouTube…) or sent by physical mail.
- Supporting files/samples of previous work exceeding 100MB in size should only be sent by physical mail (5 copies).
Note: Applications submitted via regular mail or e-mail will not be accepted.
For more information, please visit The Arab Culture Fund 2015.