Deadline: 29 April 2016
The Regional Network for Historical Dialogue and Dealing with the Past (RNHDP) is currently accepting applications for the second annual training program in Istanbul.
The program is organized by Hakikat Adalet Hafiza Merkezi in cooperation with the Alliance for Historical Dialogue and Accountability Program (AHDA) at Columbia University and Columbia Global Centers Turkey.
Participants will have the opportunity to engage in training, networking, and capacity building. The one-week program provides participants with the opportunity to hone practical and conceptual skills to develop a deeper understanding of dealing with the past, and to foster mutually beneficial relationships with their peers and with international and non-profit organizations. There are a total of 14 spaces available for this year’s program.
The training program will be composed of seminars and workshops conducted by international experts, including members of Columbia University faculty such as Professor Elazar Barkan of the Institute for the Study of Human Rights and the School of International and Public Affairs.
- Historical Dialogue: Truth, Narrative, Evidence
- Theory and Practice of Transitional Justice
- Oral History, Truth Seeking and Gender
- Archiving, Documentation and the Right to Truth
- Prosecution of International Crimes
- Justice in Negotiated Transitions
- Shared Narratives
- Designing Museums, Memorials, and Exhibits
- Comparative Issues for Civil Societies in MENA and Caucasus Region
The program will cover the following costs for participants accepted into the program:
- Airfare to and from Istanbul
- Airport transfers in Istanbul
- Training Program Fee
- Applicants should be civil society professionals working in the MENA and Caucasus region on issues including (but not limited to) transitional justice, truth and reconciliation, historical dialogue, accountability, memory studies, oral history and sites of memory.
- Applicants should have an advanced knowledge of English in order to complete readings, follow lectures and actively engage in discussions.
- Applicants must be able to allocate time before the program begins to read materials in advance that are required by the seminar and workshop leaders.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to submit a duly filled application form available on the website.
For more information, please visit Dealing with the Past.