Eligibility Criteria for Arab Documentary Photography Program 2015
- Only Arab applicants living and working in the Arab region, irrespective of age, years of experience, ethnicity, gender or religion are eligible to apply for these grants.
- Applicants must be professional and emerging photographers. Photographers who have not specialized in documentary photography will be considered as long as the proposed work is documentary in nature.
- Applicants must have technical familiarity with photography. Journalists or activists who have not had experience with photography are not eligible to apply.
- Applicant must be proficient in English language.
- Grantees must not currently working under any “work for hire” agreements, and should have full copyright ownership of the work they produce.
How to Apply?
- Applications are accepted only through the online application available on the AFAC website. Applications submitted via post or electronic mail will not be accepted.
- To be considered, applicants must submit all required information and supporting materials.
- Before applying, applicants have to first create an account online through the website.
- Supporting Material Include a supporting material zip file uploaded in the specified field of the online application; and 10 to 20 images uploaded in a Dropbox folder.
Images Submission Guidelines
- Images can be from any single body of work that demonstrates applicant’s ability as a photographer and a visual storyteller.
- Images should be JPGs, 72 dpi, and longest edge 1,000 pixels.
- Files should be named, “LastName01.jpg, LastName02.jpg, LastName03.jpg” etc.
- Captions should be included in the metadata of each image file. Please also include a numbered caption sheet in the supporting material zip file.
- If you would like to submit additional media as supplement to the still photographs, please include the corresponding links in the supporting material zip file.
For more information, please visit Arab grants.