Deadline: 1 June 2016
The Imagely Fund, previously known as Photocrati Fund, invites photographers, around the world, to help fund one humanitarian or environmental photography project each grant cycle.
The goal is to provide support for projects that will have a tangible and positive impact on the world.
Imagely Fund Grants are in the amount of $5,000. The funds are intended to help cover the costs of travel, lodging, and related expenses for roughly one-month of full time photography.
This grant is open to both professional and emerging photographers from any country, worldwide. Applicants must be over 21 years of age and should have a proven ability to produce outstanding imagery and coherent photo essays, as well as the background necessary to carry out the proposed project. This means that for photographers planning to complete a project in a country other than their own country of origin, there should be a clear demonstration of preparation for work in that country (i.e. proper visas, contacts, language training, etc.), and preferably some experience in the country or a good deal of experience and understanding of the culture and language/customs.
The project will be selected according to the following:
- Photographic skill, background and promise of the applicant (in terms of photographic vision and technique) based on the applicant’s images in his/her web portfolio.
- The degree to which the applicant’s non-photographic background and training has prepared him/her to undertake the project.
- The environmental or humanitarian significance of the project and its potential positive contributions.
- The feasibility and viability of the completion of the proposed project within the projected time frame and with the grant funding.
- The quality of the overall application packet.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit an online application form in order to apply.
For more information, please visit The Imagely Fund.