Deadline: 14 October 2015
The Australia-ASEAN Council grants program is open for applications. The council is inviting applicants to provide seed funding for innovative proposals relevant to the aims and objectives of the Council.
Wherever possible, the AAC will seek to expand people‐to‐people and institutional links through partnerships with organisations and seed funding of projects to catalyse ongoing impact extending Australia’s reach and reputation. The Council’s mandate is to cover the ten countries of ASEAN: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Initiate and support influential persons and groups in Australia and South-East Asian countries, with activities that encourage a greater interest in the development of cooperation and collaboration between the countries, including trade and economic relations and people-to-people links;
- Promote cooperation between individuals and institutions in Australia and South-East Asian countries which enhance learning, teaching and research in areas of mutual interest;
- Broaden awareness and understanding in Australia and South-East Asian countries of each other’s culture, values and traditions through increased people‐to‐people capabilities, strengths and opportunities;
- Promote the Australia‐ASEAN region relationship and foster relations through media and alumni activities in order to facilitate long‐term bilateral links between Australia and the countries of South-East Asia; and
- Wherever possible the AAC seeks to expand people‐to‐people and institutional links through partnerships with other organisations and seed funding of projects.
- Increase people-to-people linkages between Australia and South-East Asian countries, particularly between people and institutions that have the capacity to influence others;
- Increase knowledge and understanding in Australia of South-East Asian countries, and the opportunities they present; and
- Enhance awareness and understanding in Australia and South-East Asia of each other’s cultures, values and traditions.
2015-2016 grant round funding will be $250,000 to $300,000, with around 8 – 10 projects funded. Project funding will normally be a range from $10,000 to $40,000 per application per year.
- Individuals, groups and organisations may apply for grants.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents; or an Australian entity with an ABN or ACN.
- Joint applications may be accepted from non-Australian citizen/resident individuals or organisations who are working in partnership with Australian individuals, groups or organisations, where this will promote Australian relations with the countries of South-East Asia.
- Applicants should demonstrate an established record of achievement in the development and management of projects relevant to their proposed area of endeavour, and should provide evidence of this.
- To be eligible, organisations must be registered under law or created by law (for example, a government statutory authority).
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via website provided on the grant program guidelines.
For more information, please visit Australia-ASEAN Council Grants Program.