Deadline: 17 June 2016
Universities of Australia together with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is currently inviting applications for the Australia-Germany Joint Research Co-operation Scheme, aiming to foster research collaboration of the highest quality between Australian researchers from Universities Australia member universities and German researchers from German universities and research institutes.
The scheme will support exchanges for Australian researchers to spend time at partner institutions in Germany and for collaborating German researchers to spend time at Australian universities. Researchers must be working on a joint research project with their German counterparts, rather than simply furthering their own individual research in Germany.
The support of early career researchers and junior scholars is a significant focus of this scheme.
- The maximum amount of funding available per Australian application is AUD 12,500 per year.
- Grants will cover the costs of economy airfares and living expenses and are provided directly by the applicant’s university.
- Each university will nominate its own level of financial contribution and will only fund projects which involve its own researchers and students.
- Australian funding will cover the costs of:
- return economy airfares from Australia to Germany;
- a per diem of either maximum AUD250 per day or a maximum of AUD3500 per month per person.
- The maximum amount of funding available per German application is EUR 8,000 per project per year. Grants will cover the costs of economy airfares and living expenses
- Australian applicants must be:
- employed as an academic staff member in a teaching and research or research only role at the Australian university administering the application and with a contract at that university that is valid for the duration of the relevant funding period; or
- enrolled for the duration of the relevant funding period as a PhD or Research Masters student at the Australian university administering the application and part of a research project application submitted by an eligible staff member at that same university.
- The scheme is open to Australian researchers/research groups at participating Australian universities in all academic fields involved in a collaborative project with German research partners.
- Researchers from the Humanities and Social Sciences are encouraged to apply.
- German applicants must be based in Germany.
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted online via electronic submission service of Participant Portal.
For more information, please visit this link.