Deadline: 31 March 2016
The Pacific Development and Conservation Trust is currently inviting proposals from the eligible applicants based in New Zealand and pacific territories for its annual grant program, distributing up to $250,000 as grants, to groups and individuals in the Pacific for a range of development and conservation projects.
The Trust is committed to supporting sustainable development, where communities are engaged and working in partnership, with iwi, hapū, aiga, the local indigenous people and communities.
The objectives of the Pacific Development and Conservation Trust are to encourage and promote:
- the enhancement, protection and conservation of the physical environment of the Pacific and of its natural and historic resources
- the peaceful, economic, physical and social development of the Pacific and its peoples
- peaceful conservation and development of the cultural heritage of the peoples of the Pacific
- peace, understanding and goodwill between the peoples of the Pacific
The Pacific Development and Conservation Trust funding priorities are projects that:
- promote social, cultural and economic self-sufficiency;
- improve legal access to facilities or resources necessary for social, cultural and economic
- improve health, living standards and quality of life;
- involve protection of representative, endangered or threatened species;
- conserve unique habitats or ecosystems;
- promote the sustainable management and use of natural resources;
- conserve or restore sites of significant historic, environmental or cultural heritage;
- raise awareness of, or improve access to, historic, environmental or cultural heritage;
- develop local communities’ capacities, particularly for indigenous ecological knowledge development;
- improve cooperation and communication between communities; and
- encourage peace, security and greater understanding between peoples, cultures and communities.
- Applicants must be New Zealand or Pacific citizens.
- Projects must benefit New Zealand or Pacific countries.
Eligible Pacific Island Countries and Territories (PICTS) are:
American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia (Chuuk, Kosrae, Pohnpei, Yap), Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Wallis and Futuna.
How to Apply
- The Application for funding is a two-stage process.
- Expressions of Interest (EOI)
- Full applications
- Applicants must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) which will be considered by the Advisory Trustees and successful applicants will be invited to submit a full project application.
- Applications must be submitted only on the forms provided and all sections must be completed. Applications must be on a current application form ad must be submitted via email given on the Trust website.
For more information, please visit Pacific Development and Conservation Trust.