Deadline: 18 May 2015
Creative New Zealand is calling for proposals for collaborative arts projects between New Zealand and Asia-based organisations with grants offered by the Asia/New Zealand Co-Commissioning Fund. The fund is targeted to Focus on Asia initiative launched last year to build stronger artistic and cultural connections, and to increase presentation opportunities for new work in New Zealand and targeted countries in Asia.
The Asia Artform Exchange Fund aims to build creative relationships and to increase artistic exchanges between artists and arts organisations in New Zealand and in six targeted territories in Asia.
Proposals made to the fund must include presenting partners in New Zealand and at least one of the specified focus countries.
The Asia New Zealand Co-commissioning Fund aims to incentivise collaborative projects between New Zealand and Asian arts organisations that:
- Commission high quality contemporary new work
- Build successful artistic and organisational relationships
- Provide presentation opportunities in New Zealand and Asia to build audiences
Grants & Duration
The amount/offer for this funding opportunity is $750,000 total funding over 3 years. The fund will cover
- Artists’ fees
- Research and development, including travel costs
- The fund is open to artists and practitioners working in any artform.
- The new work concept must be of high artistic merit, and the New Zealand artists involved must have a track record for delivering high quality work.
- Projects can be new works or works which are already in development.
- The work must be suitable for domestic and international audiences.
- Projects need to demonstrate the potential to develop new and ongoing strategic long-term relationships and/or cultural and artistic exchange outcomes.
- The project must have presenting partners in New Zealand and in at least one of the following target countries: China, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan or Singapore.
- Priority will be given to projects where the presenting partners are also investing in the development of the new work.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have secured other financial support or additional resources for the development and/or presentation of the work.
- The works should be presented nationally and internationally by July 2017.
- Projects that have already received support from Creative New Zealand’s investment or grant funding programmes will not be funded.
- Organisations funded by a government agency, tertiary institution or local authority will not be funded unless the proposed activity goes beyond the core or contracted activity for which they receive funding.
- All Proposals must be submitted via email.
- The proposal will need to include:
- a detailed project description, including how the project delivers to the partnering organisation’s strategic objectives, or how it will foster or develop long term relationships;
- an outline of the creative team involved including recent examples of projects especially those involving international partners or audiences;
- an outline of the creative process including the stages of development;
- a project timeline;
- confirmation of the New Zealand and the Asian presenting partners, including presentation venues and dates;
- any specific audience development and marketing strategies;
- a detailed budget including the financial commitment from the presenting partners and/or other funding sources (towards both the development and presentation stages of the project);
- all income streams including other grants, fundraising/sponsorship etc.
For more information, please visit Asia-New Zealand Fund.