Benefits of Attending APN Proposal Development Training Workshop
- Participants will receive a certificate after completion of the three-day training programme.
- During the workshop, breakfast and lunch will be served for all participants.
- Selected participants may attend APN Third Science-Policy Dialogue on “Land Use and Climate Change in Temperate East Asia from 2-4 November 2015.
- Sponsorship for successful applicants will cover the cost of economy class air tickets, accommodation and daily subsistence allowances.
- Young/early-career scientists/practitioners 40 years of age or under can apply for the PDTW (research students/research assistants and post-docs are encouraged).
- He/she should be working in areas of, or have academic experience related to, the main topic of the workshop.
- He/she must be one of the following:
- An undergraduate degree holder with five years of related working experience;
- A postgraduate working towards a PhD or Master’s;
- A Master’s degree holder with two years of related working experience;
- A PhD degree holder;
- A postdoctoral student.
- He/she must currently be affiliated to an academic or national/regional research institution.
- He/she must have a good working knowledge of the English language.
- Participants will be selected on a first come, first serve basis.
- Those who intend to apply on a self-funded basis can be within or outside the sub-region, but their intended work must focus on the Temperate East Asia Region and the applicant must be from one of APN’s member/approved countries.
- Applicants requiring funding support will ONLY be accepted from those young scientists/practitioners who are from, living and working in the APN member countries of China, Japan, Mongolia, Republic of Korea or Russian Federation.
- Those who have previously participated in earlier PDTW training Workshops are not eligible to apply.
Application Procedure for APN Proposal Development Training Workshop
To apply to participate in the PDTW, follow these steps:
- Complete and submit the online application form for the PDTW through the APN website.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your affiliated institution.
- Submit a short motivation essay.
- Submit your resume/CV (maximum 2 pages).
For more information, please visit APN Workshop.