Deadline: 28 September 2015
The South South cooperation is a component of the Adaptation Fund Climate Finance Readiness Programme to increase South-South cooperation among accredited National Implementing Entities (NIEs) and those seeking accreditation.
The Adaptation Fund finances projects and programmes that help vulnerable communities in developing countries adapt to climate change.
Developing countries that are Parties to the Kyoto Protocol and do not yet have an accredited NIE may receive support from an accredited NIE in one or more of the following areas:
- identifying potential NIE candidates;
- assisting NIE candidates in the preparation of applications to be submitted to the Fund;
- providing support and advice during the application process.
Size of Grants
The maximum grant provided by the fund is up to US$ 50,000 per applicant.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- In-country technical support to an NIE candidate for the preparation of an accreditation
- Support for the identification of an NIE candidate
- Organization of “regional” consultations/workshops to assist in the preparation of NIE candidate applications from several Already-identified candidate institutions or potential candidates from countries in the vicinity of the NIE applicant.
The applicant must:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Have been accredited by the Board,
- Have an Adaptation Fund project or programme under implementation, hence demonstrating effective compliance with the AF fiduciary standards, and
- Have experience advising, participating in, or organizing support to other NIE
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by submitting their proposals via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit South South Coperation Grants.