Deadline: 27 April 2016
NordForsk is currently call for proposals for Nordic Centres of Excellence in a newly established programme entitled Solving the Nordic Gender Paradox: Gender Gaps in the Research and Innovation Area. The research funded through this initiative will be interdisciplinary and deploy qualitative or quantitative methods in addressing issues such as:
- Hierarchies, structural power relations and innovation cultures
- National policies and institutional structures
- Preconceptions, language and norms in research and innovation
- Implicit gender bias
- Leadership and management
- Research careers, work-life balance and the Nordic welfare system
- Differences between the public and private sectors
- Career progression, international mobility and competition
Grants available & Duration
- Maximum applied amount (NOK) 25000000.
- NCoE status and funding will be granted for a period of five years.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
To be eligible for funding, the following conditions must be met:
- The leader of the NCoE must be an established senior researcher based at a research institution in one of the Nordic countries funding the programme (Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden). A researcher can only be a project leader in one application.
- The NCoE consortium must involve researchers or research groups from institutions based or headquartered in at least three Nordic countries. Letters of intent, expressing a binding institutional commitment from their institutions, are required for all NCoE partners
- Proposals must include a plan for contributing to open science in accordance with Science Europe Principles on Open Access to Research Publications.
- Proposals must include a description of the relevant legal and ethical frameworks and procedures needed to perform the research.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Proposals must be submitted electronically through NordForsk Application Portal.
For more information, please visit Research on gender program.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.