Deadline: 27 April 2016
NordForsk is currently call for proposals for Nordic Centres of Excellence in a newly established programme entitled Solving the Nordic Gender Paradox: Gender Gaps in the Research and Innovation Area. The research funded through this initiative will be interdisciplinary and deploy qualitative or quantitative methods in addressing issues such as:
- Hierarchies, structural power relations and innovation cultures
- National policies and institutional structures
- Preconceptions, language and norms in research and innovation
- Implicit gender bias
- Leadership and management
- Research careers, work-life balance and the Nordic welfare system
- Differences between the public and private sectors
- Career progression, international mobility and competition
Grants available & Duration
- Maximum applied amount (NOK) 25000000.
- NCoE status and funding will be granted for a period of five years.
To be eligible for funding, the following conditions must be met:
- The leader of the NCoE must be an established senior researcher based at a research institution in one of the Nordic countries funding the programme (Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden). A researcher can only be a project leader in one application.
- The NCoE consortium must involve researchers or research groups from institutions based or headquartered in at least three Nordic countries. Letters of intent, expressing a binding institutional commitment from their institutions, are required for all NCoE partners
- Proposals must include a plan for contributing to open science in accordance with Science Europe Principles on Open Access to Research Publications.
- Proposals must include a description of the relevant legal and ethical frameworks and procedures needed to perform the research.
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted electronically through NordForsk Application Portal.
For more information, please visit Research on gender program.