Deadline: 7 October 2015
She Entrepreneurs is a leadership programme for young emerging women social entrepreneurs in the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden. The programme aims to give the participants innovative tools for sustainable change while seeking to create an active network of women changemakers.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The participants must be social entrepreneurs from below mentioned countries who address social challenges and strive for positive social change through initiatives based on entrepreneurial principles.
She Entrepreneurs runs for one year, with participants meeting for ten days in Sweden and one week in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. In between the modules, the participants work on their own initiative locally, coached by group mentors over digital platforms.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
About the Programme
During the programme participants are provided with inspiration, knowledge and tools to develop a business idea for sustainable change that they have already started working on in their country or region. Through the programme, participants are also offered the opportunity to meet leading social and business entrepreneurs as well as become a part of an active network of women social entrepreneurs that supports personal and professional development.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during the She Entrepreneurs Programme are covered by the Swedish Institute. The Institute will pay for air travel to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme in the MENA region. All participants will also be insured against acute illness and accident through the Swedish State Group Insurance.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Who can apply to the She Entrepreneurs programme?
- Applicants should have drive, ambition and interest to use social entrepreneurship to implement a social business initiative that you have already started working on.
- Applicants must be a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Applicant’s social business initiative should be based and implemented in their country of citizenship or in one of the countries of the She Entrepreneurs programme listed above.
- Applicants must be between 20 and 36 years old.
- Applicants should have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Applicants should have basic knowledge of the internet and social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
How to Apply
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Applicants can apply by filling out the She Entrepreneurs 2016 application form and submitting it through the online applications portal.
- A complete application consists of:
- a completed She Entrepreneurs 2016 application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons
- an updated CV in English
- a photo (not compulsory).
For more information, please visit She Entrepreneurs Call for Applications.