Deadline: 31 January 2016
ViiV Healthcare is seeking applications for “Positive Actions for Europe grant 2016” developed to support non-government and community based organisations in their work with People or Person Living with HIV (PLHIV).
It was born out of the success of the Positive Action grants programme, first established in 1992 to support communities affected by HIV and AIDS. Grants are awarded on an annual basis for projects up to two years in duration.
Positive Action Europe looks to fund community-based projects that reach those most affected by HIV, particularly in marginalized or vulnerable populations. We support initiatives that are innovative, sustainable and produce tangible results for PLHIV.
- Supporting HIV-related education, knowledge building and treatment literacy
- Driving peer support and education
- Putting PLHIV at the heart of services
- Fighting stigma and discrimination
- Supporting the ageing PLHIV
- Promoting testing and earlier diagnosis
Grant Information: A total of EUR 200,000 will be awarded to organisations for the 2016 grants cycle.
Eligible Countries: Albania and Kosovo, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia and Montenegro, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, United Kingdom
- Be a non-profit or charity, non-governmental organisation (NGO), patient organisation (PO) or
- community-based organisation (CBO)
- The organisation focuses on HIV/AIDS and directly-related issues (at least 75% of activities and spending)
- The organisation focuses on supporting people living with HIV or helps raise awareness of HIV
- among the general public
- People living with HIV and/or other inadequately-served populations serve on the Board of the organisation
- The organisation involves people living with HIV and other inadequately-served populations in
- the development of and implementation of programmes and activities
- The grant requests no more than 25% of the organization’s overall income
- There are no links to government officials within the organisation
- The application is not duplicative of existing programmes or partnerships
How to Apply
Interested applicants can request for application forms at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Positive Action in Europe.