Deadline: 24 May 2015
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement (PM/WRA) is inviting eligible organizations for 2015 Conventional Weapons Destruction (CWD) Project. It is also for humanitarian demining, explosive ordnance disposal, and victim assistance programs in Afghanistan, fiscal year 2015/2016.
PM/WRA anticipates awarding up to $2,300,000 USD. The award is anticipated to be issued for a twelve (12) month period of performance beginning upon availability of fiscal funding but no earlier than 01 August 2015.
The NOFO will only address projects that fall in to the following categories:
- Detection and neutralization of landmines and ERW.
- Provision of risk education to individuals in areas threatened by mines and ERW.
- Assistance in safeguarding and appropriately managing current stockpiles of government munitions and small arms/light weapons.
- S.-based and foreign not-for-profit NGOs, and not-for-profit institutions of higher education are eligible to apply.
- Organizations should have demonstrated experience administering successful CWD-related projects, preferably in the target country and/or region, or in similarly challenging security environments.
- Only organizations that are registered, accredited and certified to work in Afghanistan as of the application deadline are eligible to receive funding under this NOFO.
- Applications must address eligibility requirements and offer proof of accreditation.
All NOFOs must be submitted via grantsolutions.gov OR www.grants.gov by deadline. PM/WRA will not accept applications submitted via email, fax, the postal system, or delivery companies or couriers. Applicants may submit more than one application; however, each application should be submitted only once.
For more information, visit this link.