Deadline: 1 June 2016
The United States Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) is seeking applications from qualified Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Educational Institutions and other qualified organizations to implement a program entitled “Justice Sector Support Project (JSSP)” with an aim to improve the transparency, efficiency and effectiveness of Peru’s criminal justice system while improving access to justice.
- Support an effective transition to the accusatorial criminal justice system.
- Support the judiciary’s efforts to implement the flagrancy procedure included in Peru’s criminal code.
- Support the judiciary’s efforts to improve access to justice for underserved populations.
- Support efforts by Peruvian institution to adapt a rehabilitative approach to juvenile justice.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Support an effective transition to the accusatorial criminal justice system
- Support the judiciary’s efforts to implement the flagrancy procedure included in Peru’s criminal code
- Support the judiciary’s efforts to improve access to justice for underserved populations that historically face obstacles in accessing justice, such as, but not limited to, indigenous populations, LGBT populations, and persons living in poverty.
- Support efforts by Peruvian criminal justice institutions to adapt a rehabilitative approach to juvenile justice.
Funding Information: The anticipated total federal funding amount is not to exceed $ 1,000,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- U.S. non-profit organization or a U.S. private/state educational institution meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 USC 501(c)(3) and can demonstrate current country registration in Peru.
- Applicants in the process of registration must submit proof that they are seeking non-profit status from the Internal Revenue Service at the time of proposal submission.
- Should the applicant be selected for an award, funding will be contingent upon 501(c)(3) status;
- Local, in-country, non-profit organization, educational institution, or private institutions that can demonstrate current country registration in Peru, competent programmatic ability, and ability to meet INL reporting requirements;
- Must have demonstrated experience implementing similar education or capacity building programs, preferably in Peru and the region. INL reserves the right to request additional background information on organizations that do not have previous experience administering similar programs and/or federal grant awards.
- Applicants must have the ability to produce course materials, deliver training, and conduct evaluations in Spanish and English. The applicant’s staff should be proficient in English in order to fulfill reporting requirements.
- Applicants must have existing, or the capacity to develop, active partnerships with stakeholders in order to successfully carry out the proposed program.
- Organizations may form a consortium and submit a combined proposal. However, one organization should be designated as the lead applicant.
- Applicants must be able to respond to the NOFO and be able to mobilize in a short period of time.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Justice Sector Support Project.