Deadline: 15 December 2015
The American Institute for Maghrib Studies (AIMS) and the West African Research Association (WARA) are currently inviting applications from the scholars for the Saharan Crossroads Fellowships 2016. Its aim is to strengthen the cultural, artistic and historical links among the people living within and across the Sahara Desert.
- Fellowship offers awards of up to 3,000 USD.
- US scholars flying from the United States will receive an additional travel stipend.
- US, North African and West African Scholars interested in conducting research in any part of North or West Africa concerning Saharan Crossroads are encouraged to apply for short-term fellowships (up to three months).
- Priority is given to scholars conducting fieldwork in Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia or anywhere in West Africa.
- Priority will also be given to scholars who have not received AIMS or WARA funding in the last two years.
- All Fellows are required to give a public lecture at an AIMS or WARC research center or other affiliated institution.
- The competition is open to students, senior or independent scholars holding at least a Master’s Degree.
How to Apply
All interested applicants must fill the online application form available on the website and proceed.
For more information, please visit Saharan Crossroads Fellowship.