China: 8 April 2016
Brazil: 15 April 2016
Russia: 15 April 2016
The Cargill Global Scholars program is inviting undergraduate students from Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia and the United States to provide financial support and leadership development opportunity.
Scholarships will be awarded to talented, high performing students pursuing science, technology, engineering, math and business related studies relevant to Cargill’s world of food, agriculture and risk management.
The Cargill Global Scholars program is about more than direct scholarship funding. Enrichment activities are incorporated throughout the program duration that are designed to foster and enhance leadership potential and critical thinking skills, and to provide the tools for scholars to become global leaders, decision makers, visionaries, and socially conscious innovators.
Each Cargill global scholar will:
- Receive an annual scholarship award for up to two years, to help off-set any academic related expenses.
- Participate in a fully-funded three day leadership seminar during the first year of the program designed to enhance the scholars’ leadership skills ensuring that each participant’s full potential to effect change is reached at the culmination of the program.
- Have the opportunity to participate in a fully funded Global Leadership Seminar to be held at one of Cargill’s global locations.This activity will bring each cohort of Cargill Global Scholars from around the world for a week-long seminar that will involve a series of experiential learning enrichment activities coupled with networking opportunities with Cargill executives.
- Be paired with a Cargill leader who will serve as a mentor over the duration of the program. The Cargill mentors will help the scholars identify short and long term academic and professional goals and will assist in reaching these goals through networking, face-to-face meetings and regular email and phone communication.
- Become a member of the Cargill Global Scholars alumni community.
Applicants to the Cargill Global Scholars program must:
- Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia or the United States.
- Attend a partner university in the country of citizenship or permanent legal residency
- Be a first or second year university student
- Demonstrate high academic performance
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Specialize in fields of study that are identified as preferred fields
- Are from a disadvantaged or
- underrepresented group within their country
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Cargill Global Scholars.