Deadline: 9 June 2016
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is seeking applications from eligible entities for funding a program entitled “Building Public Health Capacity for Drought Response” with an aim to improve drought preparedness and resiliency among private citizens and to subsequently reduce drought-related morbidity and mortality.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
This will be done by identifying and qualifying current and potential health effects of drought in the awardees’ region and identifying the at-risk communities.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Identify and engage stakeholders;
- Identify and acquire existing data related to drought and health;
- Analyze these data to identify current and potential drought-related health effects and at-risk population;
- Draft a plan to mitigate identified health effects in identified target populations;
- Develop interventions;
- Implement interventions;
- Conduct process and outcome evaluations.
- Increased number of private citizens aware of potential health effects of drought
- Increased number of private citizens taking appropriate actions to protect themselves from potential health effects of drought
- Improved capacity of public health to protect the public from drought-related public health effects.
Funding Information: Subject to the availability of funds, the estimated total funding is $4,500,000
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Building Public Health Capacity for Drought Response.