The Channel Foundation promotes leadership in women’s human rights around globe by supporting organizations engaged in combating gender inequality. The foundation identifies and provides grants to organizations or projects that specifically champion women’s rights. It creates opportunities in order to ensure that women’s rights are respected, protected, and fulfilled.
The foundation envisions a world where women and girls have full access to the information, resources, training, and employment opportunities to overcome social, legal and economic barriers thus participating in decision making. Since 2006, Channel has sought to identify and provide grants to organizations or projects that specifically champion women’s rights.
Areas of interest
- Ensuring women’s participation in conflict resolution and peace building
- Advancing Indigenous women’s rights and leadership
- Securing reproductive rights/justice
- Overcoming legal inequality (including inheritance and resource rights)
- Ending violence against women and protecting women human rights defenders
- Promoting media reform and gender equality
- Women’s leadership and human rights institutes
Individuals, service delivery projects, programs that promote religious beliefs and capital campaigns or electoral campaigns will not be funded.
How to apply?
New proposals by applicants are considered by invitation only. Unsolicited proposals will not be accepted.
More information about this Foundation is available in the PDF version. If you are a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can instantly download this PDF version. Not a Premium Member? Click here to Sign up! Not interested? Continue reading…