Deadline-March 1, 2013
Countries/Region- U.S, Canada
National Geographic invites applicants to apply for The National Geographic Student Expeditions Scholarships Program for which the courses are offered by the university.
The program enables to provide opportunities for students from diverse backgrounds and enhances the group dynamic and the learning opportunities for everyone involved. Last year, foundation awarded full scholarships to 20 students from all around the country. They reported back that the experience had a significant positive effect on their lives and transformed their outlook on the world.
National Geographic makes an annual donation to the scholarship fund. However, the long-term success of this important program will depend on the generosity of donors.
Scholarship Application Materials-
- Completed 2013 Scholarship Application Form
- Copy of parents’or guardians’ most recent federal tax returns
- Copy of student’s most recent federal tax returns (if applicable)
- Statement explaining parents’ or guardians’ need for financial assistance based on financial obligations and assets
- Applicant statement explaining why they would like to join a National Geographic Student Expedition and what they feel they can contribute to it
- Two completed Teacher Reference Forms (include in sealed envelopes with application materials)
- Copy of student’s passport (if applicable)
The National Geographic scholarship program generally considers U.S. and Canadian students whose parents’ combined income is less than $50,000 and who have few assets. Students who are offered a scholarship on an international program.
For more information, visit this link