Deadline: 15 February 2016
Open Meadows Foundation is a grant-making organization seeking projects that promote gender/racial/economic justice. The projects must be led by and benefit women and girls.
Grants of up to $2000 will be awarded for projects that:
- Are designed and implemented by women and girls
- Reflect the diversity of the community served by the project in both its leadership and organization
- Promote building community power
- Have limited financial access
- Organizations interested in applying must have tax exempt status or a fiscal sponsor that is tax exempt under 501C3 of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC).
- Applicants must their application, 501C3 tax letter, budget and any other supporting materials for their proposal.
- Organizational budget should not exceed $75,000.
- Small and start-up organizations are given priority.
The Foundation do not fund:
- public or private educational institutions
- local, state, and national governmental agencies
- for-profit businesses
How to Apply
- Applicants must download the Proposal Cover Sheet through the website and submit it via email.
- Required Documents:
- The Cover Sheet
- A project narrative not to exceed three pages which includes specific information about the project and the community in which it will take place as well as organization information. Be specific and detailed about the project.
- An itemized budget for the project including income and expenses
- A budget for the organization including income and expenses. Please include 1 or 2 previous years’ budget if available.
- For US proposals, a copy of either your organization’s tax-exempt letter from the IRS giving 501(c)(3) status or a copy of the fiscal agent’s tax-exempt letter from the IRS giving 501(c)(3) status. For international proposals, a copy of the organization’s registration.
- A list of staff (full and part-time), including race, ethnicity and gender
- A list of the current board of directors, including race, ethnicity and gender
- All arts projects must be accompanied by support material via pdf, mp3, video link and other online access. Film and video projects will be considered only after the film/video is complete.
- Supplemental materials or samples may be included to support of your program.
For more information, please visit Open Meadows Grants.