Deadline: 15 August 2015
The Open Meadows Foundation, a grant-making organization is currently seeking proposals from US organisation to fund the projects being led by a group of women that promote gender, racial, and/or economic justice. Project proposals can be based on US or International.
Grants of up to $2,000 will be awarded for projects that;
- Are designed and implemented by women and girls;
- reflect the diversity of the community served by the project in both its leadership and organization;
- promote building community power; and
- have limited financial access or have encountered obstacles in their search for funding.
- Organizations interested in applying must have tax exempt status or a fiscal sponsor that is tax exempt under 501C3 of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC).
- The projects must be led by and benefit women and girls, particularly those from vulnerable communities.
- Small and start-up organizations are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The annual organizational budget of the applicant organisation should not exceed $150,000.
- The foundation does not fund individuals, for profit businesses, public or private educational institutions and governmental agencies.
How to Apply
Applicants can download a copy of this Proposal Cover Sheet from the website, fill in and send in with the Proposal and all required accompanying materials via email.
Supporting Documents required-
- The Cover Sheet
- A project narrative not to exceed three pages.
- An itemized budget for the project including income and expenses
- A budget for the organization including income and expenses.
- For US proposals, a copy of either organization’s tax-exempt letter from the IRS giving 501(c)(3) status or a copy of the fiscal agent’s tax-exempt letter from the IRS giving 501(c)(3) status. For international proposals, a copy of the organization’s registration.
- A list of staff (full and part-time), including race, ethnicity and gender
- A list of the current board of directors, including race, ethnicity and gender
- All arts projects must be accompanied by support material via pdf, mp3, video link and other online access. Film and video projects will be considered only after the film/video is complete.
For more information, please visit Open Meadows Foundation Grants.