Deadline: 1 March 2016
The Taproot Foundation is currently accepting proposals from US nonprofit organizations for its service grants of up to $45,000. Through its Service Grants program, the Foundation connects nonprofit organizations with the services of professional consultants on a pro bono basis.
Eligible Country/Areas: United States
- Chicago — Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry or Will counties
- Los Angeles — Downtown Los Angeles, Pasadena, West Hollywood, West Los Angeles, South LA, Commerce/South Gate, East LA, San Fernando Valley, and Santa Monica/Venice Beach. We have now expanded into Orange County! (check back in each grant round for expanded geographic coverage)
- New York city — Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island or Brooklyn
- San Francisco Bay Area — San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa or Marin counties
- Washington, D.C. Area — District of Columbia; Montgomery and Prince George’s counties in Maryland; and Arlington and Fairfax counties and the City of Alexandria in Virginia
- Arts -Providing leadership or education in the art community, while making the arts more accessible to everyone.
- Education – Strengthening our public education (pre-K and K-12) system or enhancing the educational success of students.
- Environment – Preserving and restoring our environment or caring for animal welfare.
- Health -Improving people’s physical or emotional health.
- Social Services – Providing social services to those who have been unable to participate fully in the social and economic life of the community. Services usually target children and families, employment and training, the elderly, immigrants, the disabled, housing and homelessness or foster and adoption services.
- Each grant has a minimum value of $45,000 and is delivered by a team of five to six business professionals who donate their time and expertise to nonprofit organizations in mentioned areas in US.
- Potential grantees also must have at least three full-time employees and an annual budget of at least $350,000.
To be eligible for a Service Grant, an organization must:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Be headquartered in one of our service areas (mentioned bove).
- Be classified as a 501(c)(3), be under the fiscal sponsorship of a 501(c)(3), be a program of a 501(c)(3) -or- be a public school.
- Have at least three full time employees and a budget over $350,000. (Most organizations must be at least this large to take advantage of a team of five professionals.)
- Three of our Leadership Development & Strategic HR grants are best for larger organizations.
- Work within one of our issue areas (mentioned above).
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online through the website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, Please visit Pro Bono Basis Programme.