Deadline: 9 February 2016
Third Wave’s Grow Power Fund 2016 is accepting proposals to support youth-led Gender Justice Activism to advance the political power, well-being, and self determination of communities of color and low-income communities in the United States. The Grow Power Fund is:
- A long-term investment in youth-led gender justice organizations providing grants of up to $40,000 a year for general support, capacity building and coaching
- An opportunity for emerging feminist, trans, queer organizations to collaborate and partner across movements
- An effort to increase the scale and sustainability of work led by young women of color; trans, intersex, non-binary, gender non-conforming, and queer youth of color; and low-income communities
Areas of Interests
- Racial and/or economic justice
- Immigration justice
- Reproductive justice and HIV/AIDS justice
- Trans, intersex, gender non-conforming, and queer justice
- Disability justice
- Anti-violence and/or anti-criminalization work
Each grantee will receive funding for:
- General operating funds: Up to $25K per year
- Capacity building support: Up to to $10K per year
- Organizational development coach funds: $5K per year
Is your organization:
- Based in the United States?
- A registered 501c3, fiscally-sponsored, or in its final stages of securing fiscal sponsorship?
- A feminist, queer, and/or Tran’s community-based local or state organization?
- Led by young people under 35 – specifically young women of color; trans, intersex, non-binary, and/or queer youth of color; and/or low-income youth of color?
Does your organization:
- Have an annual budget of less than $200,000 USD?
- Lack access to grant funding and philanthropy, particularly foundations at the national level?
If you’re answered “YES” to these questions, then you’re eligible to apply!
How to Apply
Applicants must complete an Electronic LOI through the website.
For more information, please visit Power Fund 2016.