Deadline: 1 February 2016
The Transatlantic Post-Doc Fellowship for International Relations and Security (TAPIR) at Research and Development Corporation (RAND) is open to candidates who have recently received their doctorate in social and political sciences or economics and whose research focuses on topics of international relations and/or international peace and security issues.
Fellowships are granted for duration of 24 months to prepare fellows for a career in policy-oriented and international research at renowned think tanks and political consulting research institutes. Fellows spend three eight-month stays at research institutions or think tanks participating in the program—at least one on the Eastern and one on the Western side of the Atlantic.
Fellows will be supervised by a researcher at each host institute, while being integrated into the relevant research units or projects. Fellows will have the opportunity to work on issues of major and immediate political significance, and to publish their work in journals or paper series that will be read by decision-makers at national and international levels.
The fellowship aims to involve participants actively in the work and research of leading international think tanks.
The fellowship consists of
- a monthly stipend of Euro 1.800,00
- a monthly allowance for health insurance of Euro 200,00
- and a one-time travel allowance of Euro 3.500,00 for travel to and from the host institutions
- Candidates must have successfully defended their Ph.D. by the start of the program.
- Candidates must have a strong interest in working in a policy-oriented international environment and must demonstrate their ability to do so by previous international academic experience.
- Applicants must either be citizens of the U.S., Canada or Europe (in a broader geographical definition)OR must have resided in the U.S., Canada or Europe at least for two-and-a-half years in the five years prior to the application deadline.
- TAPIR fellows selected commit to carrying out all research activities in compliance with the fundamental ethical principles of the European Commission.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit TAPIR.