Deadline: 18 April 2014
United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Bureau for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA), Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) is inviting Concept Notes to support or stimulate Program for Enhancement of Emergency Response (PEER) – Stage 4 South Asia.
The objectives of PEER Stage 4 are –
- Continue to Offer High Quality Courses
- Strengthen & Enhance Engagement with Training Institutions
- Leave Behind a Strong Alumni Association and a Web-based Means of Coordination among South Asian Countries
- Strengthen Regional Coordination within South Asia & Beyond
- Leverage Existing Institutions and Networks while Seeking New Stakeholders to Extend and Institutionalize PEER in Targeted Countries
- Explore the Possibility of Offering Courses in Additional South Asian Countries
- Include a robust training component for Pakistan detailing each of the elements outlined in this APS
- Design/Adapt a Swift Water Rescue Course
Approximately US$4,500,000 is available for the program activities under this call of which $2,000,000 is committed for activities in Pakistan.
Activities for PEER Stage 4 must fall within –
- Capacity Building/Training
- Policy and Planning
Eligibility Criteria –
- Applications from individuals are not accepted.
- Applicants must be legally recognized organizational entities under applicable law.
- Eligible organizations are – US and non-US non-profit organizations, US and non-US for-profit organizations, US and non-US colleges and universities, other US government department and agencies, and private voluntary organization.
- Applicants must complete all required steps (if any) with the host government to legally operate their program before implementing their program.
- Applicants must be registered in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) database and must include the date of their CCR expiration.
For more information, please visit grants.gov and search for funding opportunity number APS-OFDA-14-000006. Click ‘Full Announcement’, download relevant documents. You will find link to register to CCR and all other information.
Discover great international donors for your cause with FundsforNGOs Premium. It includes a constantly updated donor database, an NGO library stacked full of guides and sample proposals from leading organisations. Learn how FundsforNGOs Premium can support you to create a better world today.