Deadline: 22 May 2016
The European Union is currently accepting proposals from eligible organizations for its European Instrument for Democarcy and Human Rights (EIDHR) Programme. The EIDHR represents a self-standing financial instrument for the promotion of democracy and human rights worldwide.
- Support to Human Rights and Human Rights Defenders in situations where they are most at risk
- Support to other EU Human Rights Priorities
- Support to Democracy
- EU Election Observation
- Support to targeted key actors and processes, including international and regional human rights instruments and mechanisms
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- Minimum amount: EUR 750 000
- Maximum amount: EUR 800 000
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person or and
- be non-profit-making and
- Civil society organisations, including non-governmental non-profit organisations and independent political foundations, community based organisations, and private sector nonprofit agencies, institutions and organisations, and networks thereof at local, national, regional and international level;
- Public sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations and networks at local, national, regional, and international level; and
- Be established in Afghanistan for at least two years, or be established in a Member State of the European Union.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted in accordance with the concept note instructions in the grant application form via given website.
- Applicants must apply in English.
For more information, please visit EIDHR Programme.