Deadline: 25 May 2016
U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan is seeking proposals from the eligible organisations for the U.S.-China Training Programs for Afghan Cooperation and Reconstruction, an open competition for an assistance award for a cooperative agreement to implement:
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- A two-week training program in the U.S. for up to 15 Afghan professionals in a specific sector of Afghan development (e.g. agriculture).
- A second, preferably concurrent, two-week training program in the U.S. for up to 15 Afghan professionals in a separate development sector (e.g. public health).
- Build the capacity of personnel in key sectors of the Afghan government, economy, or civil society, thereby enhancing their ability to work cooperatively and effectively with the U.S. government and other countries and strengthen reconstruction efforts,
- Promote regional integration by facilitating a dialogue on cooperation, regional stability and economic and diplomatic linkages for Afghan professionals in key sectors.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Proposals should describe:
- The applicant’s previous experience conducting short-term study or training tours in the U.S. for foreign professionals to include arranging international travel and high level meetings with various government and non-governmental audiences;
- The applicant’s proposed schedule and agenda for each of the two programs, including how they might overlap and have common activities;
- Any personnel or partner organizations that will play a role in conducting training exercises or seminars, along with the qualifications of those personnel or organizations
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The award floor for the base period and each option year is set at $175,000.
- The award ceiling is set at $250,000 for the base year and for each of the two option years
- Public Affairs Section (PAS) intends to award a cooperative agreement for a period of 12 months (base period) with options for two additional 12 month periods (option years one and two).
- The project will be funded by an appropriation for Diplomatic and Consular Programs and authorized by the Fulbright-Hays Act of 1961 (as amended), and is subject to the statutory limitations of such funding.
- Eligibility is open to all non-profit, non-governmental organizations.
- Organizations may subcontract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, non-governmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award.
- For profit entitles are not eligible to be the prime recipient of an award.
- When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
- Applicants must submit proof of their non-profit status with their proposal submission (e.g. proof of 501(c)(3) status, Afghan NGO license).
- Applications that do not include proof of non-profit status will not be considered.
- Individuals are not eligible for an award.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Interested applicants must submit their application materials via given website.
For more information, please visit US-China Training Programs for Afghan.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.