Deadline: 25 February 2016
UN Women is seeking proposals from qualified proposers for Assessment of the Ending Violence against Women (EVAW) Commission in Afghanistan which is established by the Government to ensure the implementation of EVAW laws at national and provincial level.
The Ending Violence against Women Pillar (EVAWP) of UN Women is supporting national counterparts in implementing the national action plan for the women of Afghanistan as well as the EVAW law in the areas of prevention, of violence, protection of survivors of violence, gender responsive law and policy reforms and enforcement of mechanisms to address violence against women in Afghanistan.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Assess the performance of the EVAW commission in national and provincial level.
- Assess the quality of the outreach programs conducted to raise awareness on EVAW related issues.
- Assess the capacity, relevance and quality of the services provided by the Resource Centers
- Present recommendations in order to improve performance of the project.
Elements of Support
- Develop annual work plan and produce annual reports
- Identify and adopt appropriate preventive measures with regard to gender-based violence
- Conduct regular public awareness programs, trainings, workshops and other activities within the province and for the purpose of prohibiting the commission of violence against women.
- Coordinate the activities of the relevant provincial governmental and non-governmental agencies on combating violence against women.
- Collect statistics and figures of gender-based violence-related crimes within the province.
- Develop a functioning system to store both hard and soft copies of relevant documentation
- Manage, supervise and ensure the proper functioning of provincial resource center.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
A two stage procedure will be utilized in evaluation of the proposals
- Technical Proposals: is evaluated and examined to determine its responsiveness and compliance with the requirement specified. The quality of technical proposals will be evaluated on
- Expertise and Capacity of Proposer
- Proposed Work Plan and Approach
- Resource Plan, Key Personnel
- Financial Proposals: is evaluated and examined to determine on the financial strength of the proposal.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Interested applicants can submit their applications either electronically or by post at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Assessment of EVAW Commission in Afghanistan.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.