Deadline: 25 February 2016
UN Women is seeking proposals from qualified proposers for Assessment of the Ending Violence against Women (EVAW) Commission in Afghanistan which is established by the Government to ensure the implementation of EVAW laws at national and provincial level.
The Ending Violence against Women Pillar (EVAWP) of UN Women is supporting national counterparts in implementing the national action plan for the women of Afghanistan as well as the EVAW law in the areas of prevention, of violence, protection of survivors of violence, gender responsive law and policy reforms and enforcement of mechanisms to address violence against women in Afghanistan.
- Assess the performance of the EVAW commission in national and provincial level.
- Assess the quality of the outreach programs conducted to raise awareness on EVAW related issues.
- Assess the capacity, relevance and quality of the services provided by the Resource Centers
- Present recommendations in order to improve performance of the project.
Elements of Support
- Develop annual work plan and produce annual reports
- Identify and adopt appropriate preventive measures with regard to gender-based violence
- Conduct regular public awareness programs, trainings, workshops and other activities within the province and for the purpose of prohibiting the commission of violence against women.
- Coordinate the activities of the relevant provincial governmental and non-governmental agencies on combating violence against women.
- Collect statistics and figures of gender-based violence-related crimes within the province.
- Develop a functioning system to store both hard and soft copies of relevant documentation
- Manage, supervise and ensure the proper functioning of provincial resource center.
A two stage procedure will be utilized in evaluation of the proposals
- Technical Proposals: is evaluated and examined to determine its responsiveness and compliance with the requirement specified. The quality of technical proposals will be evaluated on
- Expertise and Capacity of Proposer
- Proposed Work Plan and Approach
- Resource Plan, Key Personnel
- Financial Proposals: is evaluated and examined to determine on the financial strength of the proposal.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications either electronically or by post at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Assessment of EVAW Commission in Afghanistan.