Deadline: 17 October 2016
The Office of Assistance Coordination’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) Program is seeking single-country proposals for its Local Grants Program with an aim to serve as MEPI’s most direct means of supporting organizations and individuals in the Middle East and North Africa.
The Middle East Partnership Initiative Program offers assistance to groups and individuals striving to bring constructive, peaceful and positive change to the Middle East and North Africa. MEPI supports projects that foster partnerships between civil society organizations, communities, youth and women, the private sector, and government to advance efforts to create positive change in their societies.
- Strengthen civil society;
- Support constructive advocacy and civic activism;
- Support citizens’ efforts to contribute to positive economic, social, and political empowerment;
- Expand opportunities for women and youth;
- Strengthen the rule of law;
- Develop independent media in service to communities; and,
- Help communities work alongside governments in shaping their own futures.
- Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between $50,000 to $150,000
- Projects are usually funded for one year, but the project and budget periods can be a minimum of three months and up to two years if a longer time period would yield more significant or better results.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Eligible applicants include local organizations of civil society, non-profit organizations, community groups, non-governmental organizations, professional associations, private sector organizations, and universities based in eligible countries mention above.
- Any organization with a headquarters office located outside of these countries cannot apply to this program.
- MEPI is committed to an anti-discrimination policy in all of its projects and activities.
- MEPI welcomes proposals irrespective of the applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
- MEPI invites applications from organizations working with vulnerable communities, including women and youth.
- MEPI is also interested in proposals that involve the participation of persons with disabilities
How to Apply
Interested applicants must register themselves at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit MEPI Local Grants Annual Program Statement.