Deadline: 15 February 2016
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) in collaboration with the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD) is currently inviting applications for the fourth round of funding to support renewable energy projects in developing countries.
- IRENA recommends projects based on:
- technical merit
- commercial viability
- socio-economic and environmental benefits
- To be shortlisted for further consideration, projects must be:
- replicable / scalable
- Projects must also:
- Improve energy access
- address energy security
- Strategic considerations on projects selected include:
- geographical spread
- diversity of technologies
- alignment with government priorities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Projects should be submitted by Members of IRENA, Signatories of the Statute, or States in Accession which are developing countries included in the “DAC List of ODA Recipients” from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Preference will be given to project proposals submitted by IRENA Members.
- Projects should deploy renewable energy as defined in the Statute of IRENA, including bioenergy, geothermal energy, hydropower, ocean energy, solar energy, and wind energy.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, China, Colombia, Comoros, Cote D’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, European Union, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guyana, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, The former Yugoslav, Republic of Macedonia, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
States in the process of becoming Members (Signatories/States in Accession):
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Afghanistan, Austria, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Congo, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Honduras, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Morocco, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Saint Lucia, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, Timor-Leste, United Republic of Tanzania, Uzbekistan.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
ADFD funding is available as follows:
- The total concessional loans committed per annual project selection cycle is approximately USD 50 million.
- The concessional loan value for each project ranges from a minimum of USD 5 million to a maximum of USD 15 million.
- The loan amount for each project covers up to 50 percent of the estimated total project cost.
- Loan rates vary between 1 percent and 2 percent per annum, with duration of 20 years, including a grace period of 5 years. See website for details.
- The project must demonstrate economic feasibility.
- Loans are intended to cover as many recipients and regions as possible per application cycle.
- There are no limits to the number of project proposals presented by each country, but applicant governments are advised to prioritise their proposals.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Prospective applicants must register to receive notification alerts about opening dates and deadlines for funding cycles.
- When new funding cycle opens, the project coordinator can start the application process as follows:
- Executive Project Summary application form
- If the Executive Project Summary is shortlisted, the applicant is called upon to submit a Full Project Proposal.
- All Applications must be submitted in English.
For more information, please visit IRENA/ADFD.