Deadline: 29 April 2016
The Financial Inclusion Program at Innovations for Poverty Action is currently accepting Expressions of Interest (EOI) from teams of researchers and financial service providers to conduct rigorous research on financial product innovations for low-income households in developing countries.
- Designing financial and non-financial services linked to digital finance channels, including payments for health and education services.
- Increasing women’s use of (and empowerment through) digital financial services.
- Testing cash transfers and graduations programs which connect people to digital channels.
- Addressing the specific needs and cash-flow challenges of farmers and micro-entrepreneurs.
- Improving take-up and usage of formal financial services by the poor through product design, regulation, or other policy levers.
- Incorporating behavioral insights into financial product design.
This call for Expressions of Interest (EOIs) marks the second competitive funding round of a four-year, $4.1 million
- Applicants: Each application must be presented by a team consisting of:
- one or more researchers involved in the design of the intervention and responsible for carrying out a rigorous evaluation of the program.
- one or more practitioner institutions from the financial sector who will partner with the research team on the proposed intervention.
- Researchers must be affiliated with a research institution or a university and either hold a PhD or be currently pursuing a PhD in a relevant social science or engineering discipline. They must demonstrate experience in field research and randomized evaluations.
- Geographic Focus: The fund encourages research projects in developing countries.
- Research: All submissions must present a rigorous study design for a randomized evaluation and a clear set of hypotheses.
- Submissions proposing to conduct field-based data collection should specify the research implementing partner organization that will assist the research team with the management and implementation of the randomized evaluation.
- The organization must demonstrate experience implementing randomized evaluations and have a presence in the country.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must complete the Expression of Interest (EOI) application form via given website and submit the completed application and other required attachment via email.
For more information, please visit Call for EOIs.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.