Deadline– 15 November 2012
Countries/Region- All Countries
International World Water Day is celebrated every year 22 March which focuses on the importance of freshwater and management for freshwater resources. the year 2013 will be celebrated ” International Year of Water Cooperation” and for this a slogan contest is launched by UN water and UNESCO.
UN-Water has called upon UNESCO to lead the 2013 United Nations International Year on Water Cooperation, in particular because of the Organization’s unique multidisciplinary approach which blends the natural and social sciences, education, culture and communication. Given the intrinsic nature of water as a transversal and universal element, the United Nations International Year on Water Cooperation naturally would embrace and touch upon all these aspects.
The objective of this International Year is to raise awareness, both on the potential for increased cooperation, and on the challenges facing water management in light of the increase in demand for water access, allocation and services. The Year will highlight the history of successful water cooperation initiatives, as well as identify burning issues on water education, water diplomacy, transboundary water management, financing cooperation, national/international legal frameworks, and the linkages with the Millennium Development Goals.
Celebrations for the WWD will take place around the world on the theme of water cooperation. The official UN international event will take place in The Netherlands, hosted by the Dutch Government and coordinated by UNESCO and UNECE with the support of UN-Water Members and Partners. The WWD represents a culminating event within the International Year.
- The slogan must be written in clear, concise English and reflect the aim of the campaign for Water Cooperation 2013. We are looking for a short, catchy slogan that is easy to understand and appeals to a wide audience.
- The slogan should encapsulate the aim of the campaign, i.e. –raising awareness of the potential for increased cooperation surrounding water, while addressing the challenges facing water management and allocation in light of the growing demands for water to satisfy multiple needs.
- The Selection committee will evaluate entries based on originality, creativity, and relevance to the topic and purpose of the campaign. – UN-Water and UNESCO reserve the right to refuse any slogan they deem inappropriate.
- By entering the contest, the winner grants UN-Water exclusive rights to the winning slogan for use in any format during the campaign for Water Cooperation 2013.
- The contest is open to anyone regardless of age, country of origin, etc. UN-Water and UNESCO employees or immediate family members, as well as those of any of the partners involved in the campaign for Water Cooperation 2013, are not eligible to enter the contest.
- All entries should be submitted in English.
The winner will be invited to the kick-off meeting for the UN Year of Water Cooperation 2013 campaign, taking place in January 2013 at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, France. The prize includes return economy airfare to Paris and two nights’ accommodation for the winner.
For more information, visit this link