Deadline: 28 February 2016
The APEC Climate Center (APCC) is currently inviting applicants for its Young Scientist Support Program (YSSP) 2016 that aims to help build capacity in the field of climate science and help increase the application of climate science by utilizing the most advanced scientific knowledge to enhance the socio-economic well-being of member economies and partners around the world.
- Production of climate data and information by operating a real-time system based on a multi-climate model ensemble (MME) technique
- Study of seasonal prediction and associated uncertainties to provide services for extreme weather, hurricane frequency, and so on
- Research and development of extreme climate monitoring techniques
- Research and development of the preparation process for natural disasters
- Round trip in economy-class airfare
- Net salary of KRW 2,000,000 per month
- KRW 60,000 will be offered to cover the visa issuance fee
- May – September 2016 / the APEC Climate Center, Busan, the Republic of Korea
- The exact period will be determined after the selection process.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Age: Under 40 years old
- Degree: Postgraduate degree (preferred) in atmospheric science, meteorology, statistics, earth sciences, or other related disciplines
- Language: Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Country of citizenship: Cambodia, Chile, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam
- Eligibility: Working as an officer and/or researcher in government agencies
How to Apply
- Applicants must download the applications form via given website and submit required documents:
- A letter of recommendation
- Cover letter with a brief description
- Detailed research proposal
- Successful candidates will be notified by 16 March 2016.
For more information, Please visit Young Scientist program.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.