Deadline- 12 August 2012
Countries/Region- Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United States of America, and Vietnam.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Annual Regional Call for Proposals for Awards are invited by Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research for global change challenges through scientific-based response strategies and measures, effective science and policy linkages, and scientific capacity development.
The mission of the Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN) is to enable investigations of changes in the Earth’s life support systems and their implications for sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region. The APN, therefore, support investigations that will-
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Identify, explain and predict changes in the context of both natural and anthropogenic forcing;
- Assess potential regional and global vulnerability of natural and human systems; and
- Contribute, from the science perspective, to the development of policy options for appropriate responses to global change that will also contribute to sustainable development.
The APN fosters the understanding of global environmental change by conducting regional research through collaboration and capacity development. APN’s activities promote research that improves understanding of the physical, biological and human dimensions of change in Earth system and science that informs adaptation and mitigation decision-making in the following specific areas-
- Climate Change and Climate Variability;
- Ecosystems, Biodiversity and Land Use;
- Changes in the Atmospheric, Terrestrial and Marine Domains; and
- Resources Utilisation and Pathways for Sustainable Development
Eligibility & criteria–
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Be related to an area of interest within the APN Science Agenda
- Be an approved activity of interest to the APN
- Involve action or contributions from at least three APN Member or Approved Countries, at least two of which must be developing countries
- Have a clear indication of how the results of the project activities might be mainstreamed into national and regional level policy-making processes
- Be from a Proponent whose institution is based in an APN Member or Approved Country
- Be written in the format of the templates provided
- Arrive at the APN Secretariat by email in MS Word format.
- Be sent via carbon copy to the Proponent’s APN member/approved country national Focal Point (nFP) and Scientific Planning Group (SPG) member (where one exists). Contact details can be found in the Structure section of the APN website.
For more information, visit this link