Deadline- 19 June 2013
Australia Awards Fellowships funding round 14 is now available which aim to develop leadership, address priority regional development issues, and build partnerships and links between Australian organisations and their partner organisations in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region, Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa and the Middle East.
Australia Awards Fellowships engage with a wide cross-section of the Australian community on aid delivery issues and priorities for development. Through Australia Awards Fellowships, Australian organisations have the opportunity to build and strengthen links with organisations in developing countries by offering professional development opportunities in Australia.
The goal of Australia Awards Fellowships is to develop appropriately trained current and aspiring leaders in priority areas, who, in the short to medium term, will be in a position to advance key regional policy objectives and increase institutional capacity of partner countries. Australia Awards Fellowships are designed to complement individual bilateral country programs by offering flexible learning opportunities that address current and emerging needs at the country, sub-regional and regional levels.
Eligibility & Criteria-
- Applications are restricted to Australian organisations that can demonstrate ongoing linkages with overseas counterpart organisations in eligible countries.
- Australian organisations can apply for Australia Awards Fellowships funding through a competitive grant process. Important selection criteria include-
- the likely impact of the program or activities
- the leadership potential and quality of nominated fellows to assume leadership roles and influence policy reform and development outcomes
- the level of support from the overseas counterpart organisation(s) and the sustainability of linkages between the Australian organisation and the overseas counterpart organisation(s) and fellows
- the capacity of the Australian organisation to support the program or activities.
How to apply?
- Go to the Online Australia Awards Scholarships Information System (OASIS) website. When applicant register online, applicant will be required to answer some questions to establish their eligibility. Applicant will then be given a unique registration number, username and password
- Applicant do not need to submit their application immediately. Applicant can update their draft application form and supporting documentation. Once submitted, their application cannot be changed. They strongly advise applicants applying online to do so well before the closing date. (OASIS) experiences peak usage in the days leading up to the closing date and applicants may experience delays
- Applicants can also apply through mail
- Refer to the Applicant’s Online User Manual if you need help: OASIS Applicant User Guide
For more information, visit this link