Deadline: 1 December 2015
The Asia Foundation is accepting applications for the Asia Foundation Development Fellows program which is designed to be a multifaceted experience, enhancing leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure for Asian professionals.
The program also provides the flexibility for Fellows to custom-tailor their own professional development component and to stay in their current occupations while participating in the program’s rigorous modules. The 2016 program will be conducted in South Korea, Mongolia, San Francisco, and Washington D.C and is comprised of the following five components:
- Leadership Training Program
- Workshop on Asian Development
- Leadership Dialogue and Exchange
- Professional Development Award
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan, Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and Vietnam.
An award of up to US$5,000 will be made available to each of the selected Asia Foundation Development Fellows.
- All program expenses are covered, including costs for coursework and programming, airfares and local transportation, lodging and meals, visa fees, and health and accident insurance.
- Fellows are also provided a per diem during program activities.
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement and significant impact in their chosen field;
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by the time of selection: January 1 of the Fellowship year
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified;
- Be resident nationals or citizens of countries mentioned above, where the Asia Foundation has programs.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Development Fellows Program.