Deadline: 15 April 2016
The United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) is seeking applications from women for its Shaping Inclusive Finance Transformations (SHIFT) Challenge Fund.
SHIFT seeks to advance economic empowerment and market participation for low-income consumers, microenterprises and SMEs, with a specific focus on women, by unlocking access to financial services.
The theme of the Programme is “Fostering innovative business models for women’s financial inclusion”
The Challenge Fund will award up to US$1.8 million in matching grants to projects offering either an innovative approach or scaling-up an existing approach for financial service delivery to women in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam.
- The workshops are open to all applicants preparing an Expression of Interest.
- Licensed financial institutions (Banks and non-banks financial institutions, including State-owned commercial banks or other stateowned financial institutions), registered financial services providers and companies from all sectors or the economy are eligible.
- Each proposal should address financial services provision for women.
- All proposals must meet the current national regulatory requirements.
- The lead applicant should have a minimum of three year of operations and statutory account(s).
- Applicants may be registered in CLMV or foreign, provided the project benefits women’s financial inclusion in CLMV.
- Individuals cannot apply.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the EOI application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Challenge Fund 2016.