The eligible candidates (both male and female) who want to make positive and lasting impact towards the empowerment of women must follow the following basic steps to enter Project Inspire: 5 Minutes to Change the World!
Submit an Application form, and a (maximum) 5-minute video.
The application form demands the answers to –
- What is the inspirational idea?
- How will the project change the lives of women and girls in the short and long term?
- How the entrant and her/his team will carry out the project?
- How the US$25,000 will be spent to carry out the project?
- How will the success of the project be measured?
The submission must be made in English. Information on the existing initiative, biographies of the team members and any supporting materials like website, social media channels, media clippings, and past awards must be accompanied with the completed application form to be considered for the competition.
The 5-minute video must be uploaded on any public video-sharing sites and the link to the video must be provided on the application form.
What happens next?
- By 31 July 2014, up to 10 shortlisted projects will be announced. The finalists will be notified via email.
- The 10 finalists will get an invitation to present their full project plan.
- Each team leader will trip to Singapore (fully sponsored) and prepare their individual pitch during the three days stay there.
- Public voting is open for the shortlisted projects. Estimated timeline is August 2014.
- The finalists will make presentation to a panel of judges in Singapore during the final that will be held in the last week of August, 2014.
- Winner will be announced at the end of the finals.
atibo vicent says
thanks so much for your love for girl child. here my concern is where to apply, am failing to see.
Fayiah Mark Fallah says
I want to have the form so that I can apply for the project inspire as our organization, Children’s Network and Family Welfare Organization-Sierra(CNaFWO-SL) is working in hard to reach rural communities in the promotion of the rights of children, women and youth who are mostly deprived. Our challenge is the video recording as we are lack of such opportunity in our areas of work. If other alternative is there, kindly let us know and if we can apply let us know also as we have huge challenges besetting women and young girls in our communities interms of socio-economic empowerment .
Fayiah Mark Fallah
Gamala Luitel says
Hello Fayiah, you must submit the video pitch but it should not necessarily be of high quality. Let me share a link with you – http://projinspire.com/2013-2/. I recommend you to watch the Inspirational Award Winning Video of 2013.
Visit http://projinspire.com/ and click ‘Apply Now’ to apply. Please read relevant documents prior to beginning the application.
I have an organization working on youth in general in the program of reducing poverty by empowering the youth especially the female gender. we deal with women who are in bad conditions especially those who have children and not married and who do not have more than 30 years old. they don’t have husbands. ( in Burundi)
How do you judge the project? Can I go on applying?
I also need some guidelines.
Thank you for everything you do for me.
Sonia Pun says
If you meet all the eligibility criteria you can submit your project idea. For guidelines please visit http://projinspire.com/2013-2/.
just make a video of that and fill the application form and submit your proposal
Evans Kipkirui Cheruiyot says
My Project to Empower Women will be based on Bomet County of Kenya. we women Form Group Action Movement called Green Mama doing horticultural farming.
please advice and tell me how to apply?
Sonia Pun says
Please read all the instructions carefully provided in the article also follow all the tab “Next” given at the bottom of the article.