Deadline- 1 May 2012
Countries/Region- All Countries
The 14th Asia Pacific Next Generation (APNG) Camp for the young hopeful Internet enthusiasts, guided by the Asia Pacific Networking Group (APNG). This year, the camp is set to take place in Seoul, South Korea from 15 to 19 August 2012.
The youth of today are the leaders of tomorrow, APNG and its camp activities aim to not only empower the Next Generation, who are envisioned as crucial to development carrying innovative and fresh points of view on Internet Technology, but facilitate a platform for bonding and strengthening relationship among senior leaders and the youth to share and discuss the salient topics related to the Internet in Asia Pacific present today.
The very FIRST camp was held in Bangkok in 2002 and since its inception, 13 camps have been organized successfully. Last year was held in Hong Kong in February 2011 concurrently with the Asia Pacific Regional Internet Conference on Operational Technologies (APRICOT). This year, the organizing team will once again bring together great minds and new ideas – continuing the legacy and mission of APNG.
- Residency in a developing country
- Full-time student of a university or college (public or private), or
- Employed by Internet-related company
- Under 35 years of age
- Willingness to return to APNG Camp as a presenter or trainer in future
- Willingness and capability to present your country’s culture/heritage/traditions/costume
- Presentation materials and a 2-page paper submitted for APNG Camp “Call for Presentation”. The presentations/papers should be in line with any of the following working group topics:
- Internet Technology
- e-Culture and Green ICT
- Ubiquitous Networking and Mobile Internet
- Disaster Management and e- Health
For more information, visit this link