Deadline: 9 August 2015
1: The Collaborative Regional Research Program for Global Change Research (CRRP)
2: The Capacity Development Program (CAPaBLE)
The mission of APN through CRRP and CAPaBLE Programmes is to enable investigations of changes in the Earth’s life support systems and their implications for sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region through support for research and science-based response strategies and measures, effective linkages between science and policy, and scientific capacity development.
Goals of APN
- Supporting regional cooperation in global change research on issues particularly relevant to the region
- Enhancing capabilities to participate in global change and sustainability research and support science-based decision-making
- Strengthening appropriate interactions among scientists and policy makers, and providing scientific input to policy decision-making and scientific knowledge to the civil society and the public
- Cooperating with other global change and sustainability networks and organizations.
Areas of Interests
For CRRP programme
- Global change and sustainability collaborative research particularly via gaps, analysis, synthesis and assessment work.
- Research that develops pathways and mechanisms to achieve sustainable development and develop adaptation strategies.
- Place-based integrative research particularly from developing countries.
- Collaborative research that contributes to the evolving global change arena, including IPCC, IPBES, post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals, ongoing and new global change and sustainability research programs.
For CAPaBLE Programme
- Scientific capacity development in the context of the 5 thematic areas.
- Awareness raising and dissemination activities for policy- and decision-making communities, civil society and the public.
- Science-policy interfacing in the context of the 5 thematic areas.
- Capacity-building partnership activities that contribute to the capacity development components of the evolving global change arena, including IPCC, IPBES, post-2015 Sustainable Development goals, and ongoing and new global change and sustainability research programs.
Researchers, academics, practitioners working in institutions based in APN member countries and approved countries are eligible to apply for the APN grant.
How to Apply
- The application process consist of three phases
- Phase 1: Summary Proposal
- Phase 2: Full Proposal
- Phase 3: Final Decision Making
- Only summary proposal will be evaluated first and the selected applicants will be invited to submit the full proposals. Then, the APN’s 21st Inter-governmental Meeting (IGM) will approve which proposals to fund following recommendations from the SPG.
For more information, please visit APN.