Deadline- 1 August 2013
Proposals are invited for European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR): Supporting Human Rights and their defenders where they are most at risk Program. The mission of this program is to to enhance the respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms in countries and situations where they are most at risk and where human rights defenders and civil society organizations work under severe constraints and are most under pressure.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to enhance the respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms in countries and situations where they are most at risk and where human rights defenders and civil society organisations work under severe constraints and are most under pressure. The specific objective of this Call for Proposals is to support and protect human rights and their defenders by reinforcing their capacities to do their work in the short and long-term, as well as providing tangible support and means of action to local civil society in the promotion of human rights and fundamental freedoms in some of the world’s most difficult, dangerous, repressive and unpredictable political situations and/or where they are the most vulnerable and threatened.
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is € 15.000.000. The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 18 months nor exceed 36 months.
Eligibility & Criteria-
- be a natural person or an entity without legal personality
- be a legal person
- be non-profit-making
- be specific types of organisations such as-
- civil society organisations, including non-governmental organisations14 and independent political foundations, community based organisations, and private sector agencies, institutions and organisations, and networks thereof at local, national, regional and international level
- public sector agencies, institutions and organisations and networks at local, national, regional and international level
- national, regional and international parliamentary bodies
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- No nationality restriction applies to applicants ,co-applicants and, if any, affiliated entities
This is a restricted Call for Proposals. In the first instance, only Concept Notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a Full Application Form. After the evaluation of the Full Applications, an eligibility check will be performed for those which have been provisionally selected. Eligibility will be checked on the basis of the supporting documents requested by the Contracting Authority and the signed ‘Declaration by the Applicant’ sent together with the application.
For more information, visit this link