Deadline: 1 February 2016
The Fondation Ensemble is currently inviting organizations which support field projects in sustainable development and conservation. It aims to bring concrete and sustainable improvements to the target communities’ living conditions (social and economic impacts) while protecting and/or rehabilitating the environment (environmental impacts).
- The project encourages an entrepreneurial approach and the development of local businesses that create jobs and ensure sustainability and replication.
- The project promotes the empowerment of women, whenever possible, and encourages genuine participation by women in all stages and at all levels of project implementation, particularly in coordination and governance bodies.
- The project promotes a rights-based approach and encourages shared responsibility between all stakeholders, including the poorest and most vulnerable, community or business organizations, and those in positions of power (institutional, economic, social, religious, etc.).
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- For our four focus sectors, the following countries are eligible: Mozambique, Cambodia, Laos, Ecuador and Peru.
- For proposals related to Sustainable Fishing and Biodiversity Conservation only, certain West African coastal countries are also eligible: Mauritania, Senegal, Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Cape Verde.
- Sustainable agriculture
- Sustainable fishing
- Biodiversity conservation
- Sustainable technologies
Grants available & Duration
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The annual budget of at least € 500 000.
- The duration of the grant requested from the Foundation is from two to four years.
- The Foundation can provide funding to any non-profit organization engaged in project implementation in our focus sectors. Not only NGOs but also operating foundations, local authorities, research institutes, etc. is eligible to apply.
- Endowment funds or foundations are eligible provided they are ‘operating foundations’, i.e. involved in project implementation, either directly themselves, or via local partners. Such involvement must be practical, not only financial.
- ‘Northern’ NGOS that submit proposals for projects in one of our geographical areas of intervention are fully eligible. The NGO does not have to be based in the country where the project is to be carried out.
- Applicants can submit several projects but please ensure that you send in a separate application for each.
- The proposal must be written in French or in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must download the application form through the website.
For more information, please visit Sustainable & Conservation program.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.