Deadline: 13 November 2015
The United States Government is inviting applicants for the FY 2016 competition for the Fulbright U.S.-ASEAN Visiting Scholar awards.
The Fulbright Program is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries.
The award will cover:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- a direct-flight, round trip international airfare (economy class) on an American carrier
- a monthly stipend of between $2,710 and $3,145 depending on the city
- a one-time $1,250 professional and settling in allowance
- as necessary, qualifying university lab and research fees of up to $3,000
- Applicants must be Singapore citizens or citizens of an ASEAN Member State. Applicants must be residing in an ASEAN Member State throughout the nomination and selection process, and must return to an ASEAN Member State upon completion of their U.S. stay.
- Applicants should be university faculty, foreign ministry and government officials, or professionals in the private sector, think tanks and other NGOs whose work focuses on U.S.-ASEAN issues. Applicants will be expected to have a significant record of scholarly or professional accomplishment.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not had recent and substantial experience in the United States.
- Applicants must be proficient in English.
- Good health. Applicants selected for a Fulbright grant are required to submit a Medical History and Examination Report before their grants can be finalized.
- The ineligible applicants include those, who are:
- Are currently teaching, studying, or conducting research in the U.S., or who have received a Fulbright grant within the past five years.
- Have received a J-1 visa in the category of Professor/Research Scholar within the past two years (which would prevent them from being issued another J-1 visa in the category of Professor or Research Scholar.)
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Interested applicants should access and complete the online application at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit FY-16 Competition.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.