Health System Strengthening (HSS) is the second BACKUP intervention area as proposed by GIZ in order to improve health outcomes. As this can only be achieved in the long term, one crucial aspect of HSS is sustainability. BACKUP defines its contribution to HSS as:
- enabling health systems to provide sustainable, accessible, equal, equitably financed and high-quality services to HIV, tuberculosis or malaria infected and affected persons and
- Contributing to the integration of these services with other health services. Disease control for the three diseases should form an integral part of the overall health service portfolio.
BACKUP’s HSS-related work is to support the selected countries to prepare and submit concept notes that adequately consider nationally coordinated HSS interventions based on recommendations arising from situational and needs analyses.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Supporting national health strategies and national strategic plans to control HIV, tuberculosis and malaria.
- Focusing on a person, not just a disease by supporting integrated service delivery.
- Supporting specific aspects of a resilient health system central to the Global Fund’s mission and core competencies such as procurement and supply chain management, the quality assurance of programmes through strong data management and human resources, and financial and risk management.
- Capturing and catalysing innovation from across all sectors to ensure greater impact and value for money.
- Promoting and reinforcing community responses and involving communities in national decision-making.
- Supporting countries to increase domestic financing and leveraging international financing for health.
- Tailoring investments to the unique stage a country is at along the development continuum, to its specific health system and to the unique constellation of partners in each nation
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The proposed project should operate in line with BACKUP’s definition of HSS, the Global Fund’s strategy to build resilient and sustainable systems for health and the WHO framework underpinning
- The project should maximize the impact of ongoing Global Fund HSS investments or strengthen the HSS focus in concept notes for ew grants.
- Activities should follow a human-rights–based approach and may target vulnerable groups and key affected populations as well as ender inequalities.
- The proposed project should support the establishment of integrated systems and services.
- In the context of its HSS-related work, BACKUP is particularly interested in supporting projects that focus on health system policy and governance issues, such as those supporting community and civil society actors and the private sector to enhance their engagement in the health sector.
- There is also a focus on enhancing the right to health for key affected populations, which is realised by building the capacity of health systems so they can scale up essential health services that target key affected and underserved populations.
How to Apply
Interested stakeholders can submit their application forms at the mail address, given on the PDF.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
For more information, please download the PDF.