Deadline: 31 December 2015
International Foundation for Science (IFS) is currently inviting early-career scientists in IFS eligible developing countries to apply for IFS Individual Research Grants and carry out research projects for a period of up to 3 years. An applicant must have at least an MSc/MA, be younger than 35 years of age (for men) or 40 years of age (for women) and must do the research project in an IFS eligible country.
Young researchers wishing to start or consolidate their independent research careers and who fulfil the IFS eligibility criteria are welcome to apply.
Proposals are sought under one of three research areas:
- Biological Resources in Terrestrial Systems Including but not limited to: Biodiversity, Forestry, Natural Products, Renewable Energy and Climate Change.
- Water and Aquatic Resources Including but not limited to: Water Resources Research; Research on all aspects of freshwater, brackish and marine aquatic organisms and their environments.
- Food Security, Dietary Diversity and Healthy Livelihoods Including but not limited to: Research on Food Production; Animal Production and Veterinary Medicine; Crop Science including Underutilized Crops; Food Science and Nutrition, and Food Security issues
Individual Research grants are awarded on merit in amounts up to USD 12,000 for one to three years.
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gambia, The Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, DPR, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed.Sts., Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Rep., Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Applicants for Individual IFS Research Grants:
- must be citizens of an eligible countries, and carry out their research in an eligible country (this does not have to be the country of citizenship)
- must have a minimum of an MSc, MA or equivalent academic degree
- must be (for men) younger than 35 years of age, and (for women) 40 years of age
- Researchers, who are already IFS grantees, are eligible to apply for renewal grant irrespective of age.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form available on the website.
For more information, please visit IFS research.