Deadline: 12 September 2014
The University of Southern California is accepting nominations for the $200,000 John and Alice Tyler Prize 2014. Individuals or entities in different fields are encouraged to make nominations of living individuals or public or private institutions anywhere in the world who have made demonstrated achievements in environmental science, policy, energy and health conferring great benefit upon humanity.
Prize: $200,000 Cash (Joint winners share the cash prize.)
The Prize is awarded for
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Ecological or an environmental condition – protection, maintenance, improvement or understanding – anywhere in the world.
- Sources of energy – known or new – discovery, further development, improvement, or understanding.
- Medical discoveries or achievements with significant benefit in environmental aspects of human health.
- Nominee can be living individual or public or private institutions in any nation.
- Nominee’s work must fit to one of the above mentioned fields.
- Nominations can be made by – any individuals or entity active in fields such as biology, oceanography, geology, medicine, public health, chemistry, and physics; engineers in fields such as civil, environmental, petroleum and chemical engineering, and social scientists in fields such as geography, political science, economics and the law; and universities, research institutions and their members.
- Self nominations are not considered for the award.
Complete nomination includes- nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume, one page statement of accomplishments and supporting materials (articles, publications or other exemplary materials for which the award is proposed), three or more letters of reference signed by the supporter and emailed directly to the Tyler Prize office, and names, addresses and emails of 3 to 5 additional references.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Nomination form must be submitted electronically via email by the deadline.
For more information, please visit Tyler Prize.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.