Deadline: 18 May 2014
All interested applicants from around the globe are invited to submit applications for Kiva Fellows Program. Kiva is a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty.
The major purpose of this program is to encourages applicants with substantial cross-cultural immersion experience and backgrounds in business, finance, international development, community engagement, outreach, and consulting to apply.
Documents required during online application includes:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Basic personal information
- Language ability and travel history
- Three short essay questions
- Sample budget
- References (will only be contacted for applicants who secure a second-round interview)
Edibility & Criteria:
- Kiva Fellows are an incredibly diverse group of individuals, from a wide range of professional backgrounds.
- Experience traveling or living abroad (preferably in developing countries, for applicants interested in serving overseas)
- High degree of flexibility, self-motivation and problem solving
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Fluency in English, strong writing skills is required
- Familiarity and comfort with technology and web-based applications
- Dedication to working in the field
- Experience working in cross-cultural environments
- Ability and commitment to fund the entire fellowship
- Excellent judgment
- Sincere interest in microfinance and serving Kiva’s mission
- Ability to commit to Kiva for 4+ months
Preferred skills and characteristics:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Fluency or advanced communication ability in French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, or other languages from a country where Kiva has a presence
- Background in economics, finance, business or consulting
- Background in media, journalism, or communications
- 5+ years of work experience
For more information, visit Kiva Fellows Program page.