Deadline: 18 April 2016
Nagao Natural Environment Foundation (NEF) is seeking applications from Asia- Pacific researchers for its Research Grant Programme 2016. The Programme supports academic and scientific research that will deepen knowledge of the nature conservation in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region, with the aim of strengthening research capacity of young researchers in that region.
Grants are available only for individual researchers, but not for groups/teams, to enhance their skills, knowledge, and experience through their own research work.
The maximum grant size in this programme is 500,000 Japanese yen per project for a maximum duration of two year.
Asia-Pacific region include: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
An applicant must:
- be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region (mentioned above).
- be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organisation in one of the countries.
- have sufficient experience and skills in conducting and managing the proposed research.
- be able to communicate in English.
- not have another application to the NEF.
- not have another on-going research or publication project funded by the NEF at the time of application submission.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a completed application form and a recommendation letter via given website.
For more information, please visit Research Grants.