Deadline: 30 June 2014
Individuals around the world (except for some restricted countries) are invited to submit photo entries for the 26th Annual National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit their stunning travel experience in given categories.
- Travel Portraits
- Outdoor Scenes
- Sense of Place
- Spontaneous Moments
- First Prize: An 8-day National Geographic Expedition to Alaska for two
- Second Prize: A 5-day National Geographic Photo Workshop for one in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Third Prize: A 6-day cruise for two on a Maine windjammer schooner
- Merit Prize (7): A $200 gift certificate to B&H Photo; A framed print of merit photo, matted and framed by the National Geographic Imaging Lab; and The Art of Travel Photography Course on DVD
- Individuals who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry and who do NOT reside in Cuba, Iran, New Jersey, North Korea, Sudan or Syria are eligible to take part in the contest.
- Employees of National Geographic Society, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their immediate family members or persons living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related are not eligible.
- Photographs must be in digital format. Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted. The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies or photographic prints are acceptable.
- All digital files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- Photographs must have been taken within two (2) years before the date of entry and may not previously have won an award in the National Geographic International Photography Contest, the National Geographic Photography Contest or any National Geographic Traveler photo contest.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. Copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity should not be infringed and there should be no other party who has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
- The caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken.
- Watermarks are not acceptable.
For more information, please visit the 2014 Contest.